Sales managers are always looking for superstars to add to their sales teams.
Use your next sales job interview to show that you’re the superstar they’re looking for by bringing a 30 60 90 day sales plan.
A 90 day sales plan is an outline of what you’ll do in the first 3 months on the job to learn everything you need to know, establish yourself in the company and in the field, and start generating new business. Talking this over with your hiring manager gives them a ‘test drive’ of what they’d experience when they hire you.
What goes into a killer 30 60 90 Day Sales Plan?
The first 30 days
Your first month should focus on training–learning the company systems, products, and customers.
Therefore, most of the items in your 30-day plan should be along the lines of:
- Study and learn the product
- Meet and establish relationships with the sales team
- Learn company CRM software
The next 30 days (the 60-day section)
The second month should focus on getting up to speed in your job–more activity that generates income.
- Continue calling upon accounts and prospect within territory, completing 2-3 call cycles before month’s end
- Make sure all Anchor, Core & Developmental accounts have been visited
- Fine tune most efficient driving route through territory
- Continue dialogue with District Manager for performance feedback
The last 30 days (the 90-day section)
By the last month, you should include actions that take more initiative on your part–landing your own accounts, scheduling programs, or generating new ideas.
- Continue calling upon accounts and prospects within territory, completing 3-5 cycles before month’s end
- Land my first “Strikeforce” account
- Schedule 2-3 speaker/dinner programs
- Brainstorm new & creative ways to get prospects’ attention in the field and ask for manager’s input
A 90 day plan is a great starting point for any role. You may end up speeding up your goals or extending them depending on the specific needs of your new company.
Get a proven plan template
This information should give you a solid place to start your 30 60 90 Day Sales Plan…but if you find that you want a comprehensive, practically done-for-you plan that’s been proven to generate job offers, check out my: